- Listening to music: Especially when I find myself in one of those long annoying queues and on long trips. Ha! I remember when I travelled to Enugu from Lagos. That was a veeeery long trip. So, I get my earphones plugged in and enjoy the🎵
- Reading: I give my mum credit for this one. She imbibed the reading culture into me from childhood.📖
- Knitting: this is one hobby that calms me and helps me unleash my creativity. Plus it’s really not hard once you get the hang of it and watch YouTube tutorials.
- Writing: Pen and paper kind of writing, you know… putting down thoughts and ideas as they come (sometimes, even if it’s just to admire my handwriting 😁). I express myself better in writing, and it helps me make sense of my feelings and stay sane sometimes. Watch out for my book o.😉
- Research: both on and offline on everything and topic under the sun. I am very inquisitive, so I 🔎 out answers. I still have an interest in Psychology even though I couldn’t study it at uni.
- Taking walks: Evenings please! Hey, I’m not old or anything, this girl just likes to clear her head, enjoy nature and the little things of life that we tend to overlook. ☺
- Taking pictures of, and watching sunrise and sunsets: I have a some streaks of photography freakiness, lol. 😜 🌄🌅
- Being by myself/enjoying my own company: once in a while, I like to go out alone or just basically enjoy “me time” so I can organize my thoughts/life and reflect away from the bustle of life and people’s expectations of you. Besides, social gatherings and small talk wear me out real fast. Funny thing is I actually don’t consider myself a complete introvert. Maybe ambivert…🤔
- Drawing: Ah… don’t underestimate me man. When I’m in the mood, I can pull off some nice stuff.😊
- People-watching: Yassss! Especially if I’m in a busy place. 👀 I don’t mean what staring rudely or… say, looking around restlessly in a reception when you’re waiting for your turn with someone e.g a doctor or business related visits, and you’re just bored stiff. I mean intentional observation of people and happenings around you. Sometimes, I wonder “where are all these people hurrying to?” I try to imagine what their lives are like and stuff like that, then I get inspired to write a poem or something. Not all the time though.
If I remember others, I’ll update this post. ✌
Hey, share yours with me. What do YOU enjoy doing?? Which one of mine can you relate to or you think is weird?